Turning your resume into a political ad

If you are like me enough is enough for all these political ads. My mind is made up, I'm voting and then like millions of others it's time to look for a new job.

While I am currently doing campaign work in an election, I thought what if every job seeker had thirty seconds on television to pitch themselves ? You hear about the so called thirty second elevator pitch you should have ready. I call mine a ten second standing in line pitch that describes who you are and what you are looking for.

Anyway, here is what my ad would sound like if I was looking for a position in the customer service industry and I was given time on a network which would feature a voice over and actual people talking about me.

John Swager has ten years experience helping thousands of customers all over California to keep their service working.

He has followed through on issues, resolved technical problems and opened the door to new products for people who have become frustrated with the lack of service in today's business environment.

I appreciated John's following through by calling me later in the day to make sure my service was working. Robert G.

John's customer service skills are rare for today and he did a stellar job. I wish you had hundreds of John's in your company. Janette S.

He was not in a hurry to get off the phone since it was after hours. John did what had to be done. Linda C.

I personally want to commend John for an outstanding job in taking care of a volatile escalation and turning it around into a smooth customer experience. Rich L. Company Mgr.

I am 84 years old and John was so patient with me and represented your company well. Elizabeth G.

I was having big problems and John was able to calm me down. He is the nicest person I have ever spoken to at a company. He should be in management. Debra E.

Superior communication skills.

Outstanding empathy and a can do attitude.

The time is now to have someone who delivers.

John Swager. The problem solver, the communicator, the one who delivers the ultimate customer experience.

The right person for the right job at the right time.

I'm John Swager and I approve this ad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sally Hasper Case: Embezzlement and Murder

More tipping jars than pumpkins